Friday 11 March 2011

How did you attract/address your audience?

I attracted and address my audience by using models of my band for the front page, of a similar age and dress style(alternative and metal clothing).  This makes it appeal to my audience as the can relate to and look up to the models their age, dressing like them but in bands. The audience can relate to the models if they dress similar(same fashion) and music sense, it can inspire them to dress like the bands shown.

I used the colours gray, dark red, black and white in my magazine as during my research of heavier genre magazines(Kerrang, Terrorizer, Rocksound) and a common theme of colours is black, white and dark colours. They are predominantly black. This is reflected in my magazine in the fact i have a heavier genre than these magazines, i use the predominant black white and grey with a dark red for emphasis on this genre.


I used a simple, consistent easy-to read font(Helvetica bold) as it is a common place font in music magazines(convention of most) for its simplicity. This makes the magazine more appealing to my audience as they are predominantly white male teenagers, and if they struggle to read the fonts, they will disregard my magazine.

The price for my magazine in £1.50. I believe that this is an appealing price as my target audience is predominantly teenagers(15-25) and for my survey, I found out that 80% of the surveyed were aged 15-19, and in my prior knowledge, people of that age are not very wealthy. Also, a result from my survey is that 54.50% of my surveyed audience would pay £1 - £1.50 and 45.50% would pay £1.50 - £2.00,  so i chose the common factor between these two: £1.50. Also, research into other music magazines, mine would be much cheaper(NME: £2.10, Kerrang: £2.20, Front £2.50) which would make my magazine appeal to other audiences, as price is a main factor in buying magazines in this generation.

I also used relevant bands and photos for my magazine. i took pictures of two popular bands, one of which is from nearby: Cruel Past. And another popular UK band: Your Demise. People would consider buying my magazine in my target audience as they recognise these famous bands and are intrigued to read the magazine for the information on them. My front cover photo is appealing to my target audience as it uses dark colours(the night) and the clothes are similar to what my audience would wear. Also the contents page and double page spread photos are all from famous bands live gigs, something which my target audience are extremely fond of going to, prior knowledge from my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment