Thursday 24 March 2011

how does your magazine represent particular social groups?

with my magazine, my social group i have represented is teenagers.

my use of language is a major factor in this. i have used a lot of informal language such as 'riffs', 'wicked', 'radical'  in my magazine which is a use of teenage vocabulary and slang of the present use of my audience. also, i have used vulgar language(but blanked out) for my teenage audience such as f**k, c**t and s**t,which i, myself as a teenager use frequently and my audience used it as well as the artists they listen to. this helps them connect with the article and writer so they are most intrigued.

i also represented the alternative dress+fashion sense by including people of my audiences age and fashion sense. if they see people who dress similar to them they will be interested in the article the person is in. similar fashion senses represent my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment